Huron Hospice 50/50 Lottery
Estimated Take Home Prize
We all love the thrill of winning! The Huron Hospice 50/50 is your chance to win. The more you play, the bigger the pot AND the greater your chances to win. When you play, you are “Making Moments Matter” for families on the end-of-life journey. It’s a win/win!
PLUS also have the chance of winning the $500 early bird prize!
Early Bird Deadline October 15 at 5:00pm
Purchase Your Tickets Now!
Who You Help
End-of-life decisions are challenging enough without having to worry about the cost of services. For more than 25 years, Huron Hospice has provided wonderful end-of-life moments for families at no cost to the family. Over the coming years, the need for our services will only grow. Now it is time to Make Moments Matter for even more families. When you play the Huron Hospice 50/50, you have the chance to win the pot. Your winning increases because you know you are helping families on the end-of-life journey.
How It Works
Past 50/50 Winner Announcements
Lottery License #RAF1201150
- The lottery will take place online during:
Draw #1 - Monday, March 1, 2021 at 12:01AM EST – Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 5:00PM EST
(Early Bird Prize $500, Draw Date - Friday, March 19, 2021 at 5:00PM EST)
(Grand Prize, Draw Date - Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 5:30PM EST)
- Draw #2 - Monday, June 1, 2021 at 12:01AM EST – Wednesday June 30, 2021 at 5:00PM EST
(Early Bird Prize $500, Draw Date - Friday, June 18, 2021 at 5:00PM EST)
(Grand Prize, Draw Date - Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 5:30PM EST)
- Draw #3 - Thursday September 30, 2021 at 12:01AM EST – Friday, October 29, 2021 at 5:00PM
(Early Bird Prize $500, Draw Date - Friday, October 15, 2021 at 5:00PM EST)
(Grand Prize, Draw Date – Friday October 29, 2021 at 5:30PM EST)
- Draw #4 - Monday, November 22, 2021 at 12:01AM EST – Thursday, December 23, 2021 at 5:00PM
(Early Bird Prize $500, Draw Date - Friday, December 11, 2021 at 5:00PM EST)
(Grand Prize, Draw Date – Thursday December 23, 2021 at 5:30PM EST)
- Draw #1 - Monday, March 1, 2021 at 12:01AM EST – Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 5:00PM EST
- Tickets will only be sold to people who are 18 years of age or older.
- Ticket purchasers must be in the province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Tickets will be sold for $40, $20, and $10.
- A $40 ticket will receive 100 opportunities to win
- A $20 ticket will receive 40 opportunities to win
- A $10 ticket will receive 5 opportunities to win
- Huron Hospice guarantees a minimum grand prize of $1,000 in each of the four (4) draws.
- Huron Hospice guarantees an Early Bird Prize of $500 for each of the four (4) draws.
- Tickets will be available online at www.huronhospice5050.ca.
- During Draw #3 tickets will be available online at the following remote locations and times:
- Saturday, October 2, 2021 - Stonehouse Brewery, 76048 County Rd 31, Varna, ON (12:00PM EST - 5:00PM EST)
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 - The Goderich Farmers Market, South Street and Courthouse Square, Courthouse Park, Goderich, ON (7:00AM EST to 12:00 PM EST)
- Saturday, October 16, 2021 - The Village Bookshop, 24 Main Street North, Bayfield ON (12:00PM EST - 5:00PM EST)
- Saturday, October 23, 2021 - The Village Bookshop, 24 Main Street North, Bayfield ON (12:00PM EST - 5:00PM EST)
- Tickets will be sold using an electronic raffle system supplied by Ascend Fundraising Solutions.
- After buying, patrons will receive a confirmation e-mailed with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Selection System. No specific numbers can be given as numbers are generated randomly.
- The winning ticket number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw.
- The amount of the 50/50 will be published at www.huronhospice5050.ca. Tickets can be purchased at www.huronhospice5050.ca
- The winning number will be announced Online at www.huronhospice5050.ca and
https://www.facebook.com/HuronResidentialHospice The winner of the 5050 will be contacted by
phone or email.
The winner may claim their prize by contacting Huron Hospice at: (519) 525-7352, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The ticket may then be brought to Huron Hospice 37857 Huron Road Clinton at an agreed upon time for ticket verification. The winner will then be paid by cheque for the amount posted online at www.huronhospice5050.ca. Winners must have the original winning ticket and no copies. All payments will be made by cheque.
- The winning ticket holder has 6 months in which to claim their prize from the date of the draw for which their ticket was purchased.
- The winner must provide his/her name, address, and phone number with picture identification for our report to Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Once the certified winner is verified, and provides identification with photo ID, they will be given a cheque in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that draw. If the winner cannot provide photo ID, then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- In the event that no winner comes forward, the winning stub will be kept in a safety deposit box and held for 6 months. After that time period has elapsed the prize will be donated to a charity other than Huron Hospice, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the 50/50 draws:
- Employees of Huron Hospice
- Huron Hospice Board of Directors
- Employees of Ascend Fundraising Solutions or other contracted raffle service providers
- Members of the same household of each of the above
- Persons under the age of 18
- Persons listed in AGCO conflict of interest guidelines outlined in Section 3.5.3 in the Lottery Licencing Policy Manual (LLPM) available at www.agco.on.ca.
- Questions about the raffle or Huron Hospice can be emailed to email@example.com.
- The above set of rules will be posted online at www.huronhospice5050.ca.
Ontario Problem Gaming Helpline (1-866-531-2600)